Build Update – Day 26


More building! We’ve been cutting and assembling and welding parts for the robot. Notably, we got the plasma cutter running and are using it right now to cut out the “floor” of our robot. And it did a great job with our team number, as you can see!

This is the first year we’ve used the plasma cutter, and so far we’ve been very pleased with the results. We need to use it, too, because the CAD team designed a wonderful diamond-pattern plate for our robot. We’ve had a few issues getting the whole thing to cut perfectly, but hopefully we should have it done in a few days.

And if you’re feeling bored…try mousing over the header on