Today was a very busy day with lots of manufacturing of final parts for the competition robot. We made a spare intake arm and another shooter. The coders worked on writing more tests to prevent possible future code issues as we continue to improve our code in the weeks before competition. Stay tuned for our updates as we get closer to the Iowa regional!
Today we spent most of the time preparing the practice robot and the competition robot for tomorrow’s week 0 event at Centennial High School. We hope to find any possible issues that arise from extensive testing at the event. The marketing team spent time getting sponsor logos ready to go on the competition robot.
The CADers were using finite element analysis in Solidworks to test the 3D model of the robot out to make sure it can stand the tests of this years challenge. The code team have been writing more unit tests to help reduce the amount of errors in the code. With 4 days left in the build season, as each day goes by, each minute becomes more and more precious.
Today we made great progress on optimizing and finalizing many subsystems on the prototype robot. The remaining machined parts have arrived from our gracious sponsors which some of
them have been assembled with the rest of the competition robot parts.
The Electronics team have been hard at work finalizing their wire runs for the final robot. The Build team have been testing the prototype robot for possible improvements and have been building the competition robot. The coders have been working on autonomous routines and on new drivetrain gear shifters. We are five days out from bag day, so it has been nothing but hard work!
Today the prototype robot was driving around which was a great milestone in the build season. We were able to test all the defenses which went very well, there are some minor adjustments that have to be made. Testing of the subsystems mounted onto the prototype were also tested for consistency and other possible issues. The coders spent the day writing tests that point out errors in our code, and the CADers sent out the final parts order for the competition robot.
While all these other exciting things are going on, people have been hard at work machining parts in house for the competition robot. We hope to have all the parts for the final robot by next Wednesday.
After yesterdays successful meeting, we continued working on the prototype robot. We attached the wheels to the drive train after the hub caps arrived from our gracious machining sponsor, Harvey Vogel.
One of our coders finished setting up Jenkins. Jenkins is a CI (continuous integration) server, whenever someone on the code team pushes new code to GitHub, a web based source code management for programmers, Jenkins downloads the code and compiles it to see if there are any errors or issues with the new code.
Today at the shop, we made some more progress on building, CADing, and coding. On the build side of things, builders have started construction on drive rails. They have also attached a gearbox to The Auger. Some CADers have been making sure that the Auger will fit on our robot.
Coders programmed more for the intake system of going in and out. They have also been working on code for the analog gyro. Come back tomorrow for another update on the team’s progress.